Denham Jeans

Monday, March 24, 2008

Consumed by excitement

I have got to a really weird situation when it comes to my church now.

After years of struggle and toil, effort to get things happening, I actually like what God has done. I like my church, I like what has been happening, and I probably spend too much time when I see my friends sharing how wonderful God has been.

But in the middle of all those good things, and all the big things that have been happening in my life, there is a need to keep concentrating on the little things.

When things start going well, there is a temptation to think either that we have reached heaven, that the work can stop, or that it was all our work in getting it happen.

This side of heaven, we will continue to struggle with sin (even the sin of pride - that is taking the credit from God and giving it to us) and will find this in the hard times, and the good times.

I guess the right response (which can sometimes be hard) is to thank God when he gives us any blessing, and to keep serving him with all of our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home