Denham Jeans

Friday, February 29, 2008

The amazing joy of Christian friendship

One of the strangest moments I have had recently is realising that I have enjoyed this year a lot better than most of last year, even though I haven't really been doing many things that differently.

I work full time, I have been doing things at church, and have been hanging out with people every so often. But I have also found myself just enjoying things more.

Part of it, I am sure comes from becoming used to how life has been going. But that doesn't fully explain it. A lot of it probably relates to the deepening quality of the time I spend in genuine fellowship and friendship.

God has been merciful to me, and with a few different responsibilities, I have found that in this time, I have more time just to spend "with people".

A lot of hard work over the past few years has been bearing fruit, at church, and in other parts of life. The joys of seeing an old friend at City Bible Forum, or seeing how God has been working through the people at my church and growing them, have been so much fun. I can really understand now the whole idea of getting joy from seeing others doing well and serving our Lord.

Seek your joy in God. Then when you find it, it overflows to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home