Denham Jeans

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Single by the grace of God

I've decided to have the thick skin to make posts on this blog public.

While those with access didn't really make the blog easy to just rave on about anyway, the thoughts I express here should be open to the general public, and should be disciplined by that.

I guess expressing my thoughts about relationships online may be slightly scary, but sometimes my honesty may help others dealing with similar issues.

The God I serve, the God revealed to us by the Bible plans the best for his servants. But that best may not ever be realised in this life. All things will in the end work together for their good. The logical extention of that is that when we go through relational phases, they are under the control of God, and within his plans.

Unfortunately, knowing this and living this are two completely different things, though my life should show I really know this. God wants single people not to be paralysed by waiting for his chosen person for them, but to be free from anxieties.

It is amazing how much more effective you can serve God in that state. In the meantime, I am single, and instead of just rabbitting on, I better get some sleep, so I can serve God more effectively tomorrow, without any anxieties, knowing that he has everything in control.

3 Comments:

  • I guess I have to change a little of what I wrote.

    "God wants single people not to wait for his chosen person for them, but to be free from anxieties."

    Maybe that should have been more clear that single people should be free from anxieties, not paralysed by seeking relationships.

    By Blogger Pete, at 8:29 PM  

  • can't you edit your original post?

    does require thick skin to talk about personal things in public - i'd never do it.

    don't worry, valentine's day only comes around once a year, and then its back to the rest of life again

    By Blogger Chandrew, at 6:56 PM  

  • I was bored, and decided to post a comment instead.

    I think I have quite thick skin, but hopefully what I say will be helpful for others too.

    By Blogger Pete, at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home