Denham Jeans

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A new horizon - and overnight travel

Day 2 in Mongolia was an interesting one. I had to tell my roommate I couldn't go watch his football team play (he coaches U15) but instead had to organise the mission content of my trip.

I got some Tugriks (local currency), bought a phone SIM, found it wouldn't work in my phone, and then bought a new Nokia 3310 because it was cheap so my SIM would work.

After this I also bought an SD card reader so I could upload some photos.

Lunch was nice, followed by a trip into what is effectively the CBD, and a few photos of the main things there.

Then, I organised a visit to Erdenet from today to go visit the youth cafe and the Mongolian Mission Centre.

To get to Erdenet, it involves an overnight train trip. At 8pm I pulled all my luggage (including 2x 1.5litre mineral water bottles and 1x 2L Sprite - which I haven't yet drunk). I took my bunk in the cabin and waited to see who else I would travel with.

Luckily for me, the old Woman who came in left, and I was left travelling with three student aged Mongolians, two of whom had good conversational English. It took me a while to start chatting with them, but then we had a lot of fun playing cards and talking which made the 12 hour journey much more fun. Pray for my new friends that when we meet up, I would have a good opportunity to share the gospel.

Today has been a bit different again, smaller city, different people, but a great group to work with.

God is continually kind to me, even when I think things are hopeless.

Keep praying that I get to share more about Jesus.

2 Comments:

  • Our God is an awesome God and He does amazing things which are beyond our imagination. I am sure He has sent you to Mongolia for a reason. Keep trusting in Him. I am sure the time and effort you spent on this trip will not be wasted. MUB! =)

    By Blogger Mandy, at 12:50 AM  

  • will pray for the opportunities, and good to hear that you were able to meet some english speaking ppl on such a long trip!

    By Blogger Chandrew, at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home