Denham Jeans

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ulaanbaatar - initial impressions

The time zone thing means that I'm up pretty early this morning.

Drove through the city last night, realised the roads are a bit crazy.

Anyway, the place looks interesting. I have a concrete roof over my head at the moment, and my trip is less structured than I thought it would be. It means I'll get to spend some time looking around at things.

Oh well, I'll be back here every so often to write another update when things happen (perhaps less now that people know I am safe).

Read: Evangelical Truth - seemed very much underpinned by similar desires to the GAFCON movement.

Also read Jeremiah 29, as a result of the "Seek the good of the city" bit quoted by Carson in his book read earlier yesterday. It would seem that there is a lot of ways that chapter is taken out of context, especially when talking about God's plans to prosper being brought as definite promises for this life.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on this later.

Thanks everyone for the prayers that I would arrive safely.

Pete

1 Comments:

  • The out of context bit in Jeremiah was done at church today.

    A bit sad, but an interesting and helpful sermon all the same.

    By Blogger Pete, at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home