Denham Jeans

Sunday, May 18, 2008

One reason why I will still probably use my Engage ticket this year

Don Carson.

To know why, watch the interviews that ACL has linked.

Now, that may seem a bit unusual to come from me.  I don't usually like going around and making a big fuss about big name preachers.  But the small amount of Don's writings that I have read have been helpful to me, and also, he has a "local church first" perspective on things that is worth continually being reinforced with. 

All of this, and the chance to hear from Mark Driscoll too makes me reconsider how much time I should be willing to spend at the OMF National Conference on the same weekend.

But that all said, if enough city workers decide to go to Engage through the City Bible Forum, and a deserving person misses out, I am freely happy to miss the conference.  

2 Comments:

  • Our minister's wife missed out on a ticket if you decide you won't go.

    By Blogger Mattt, at 12:49 AM  

  • Too late, it is already in the process of being sold back to ECOM. They had a waiting list.

    By Blogger Pete, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home