Denham Jeans

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

As time goes by, God is faithful

Yesterday I had the opportunity to greet applicants for graduate positions at KPMG as they were getting ready for a first round interview.

It was a moment that let me think back two years to where I was up to the first time I walked into the KPMG office.

I was a little bit arrogant, assuming to some extent that I had what it took to get a job wherever one was offered.  There were just so many interviews, and things were going pretty well.  Those companies that hadn't offered me an interview obviously didn't realise what they were missing out on.

But there were other things too.  At the time I was just about to join up with perhaps the most formidable Metrogaine team ("Team Top-gun") and blitz our way through the Eastern Suburbs and city in what was very fast time, showing off our athletic prowess at every contested activity.

Along with that I had a really stressed (well she had a big exam and a big workload), but wonderful girlfriend, who I probably took for granted, and found occasionally hard to relate to.

They were good times at church too.  We were just starting a youth group, including dinner for the year 11 and year 12 people beforehand, and I spent a lot of time just hanging out with some wonderful people who now get to step up and lead.  I had just been elected to Synod by church, and was teaching upper primary and early high school Sunday School. 

At Uni, I was meeting up regularly with this young law student, and we read 1 Corinthians together, and I was occasionally trying to encourage one of my older friends who had recently become a Christian, and tearing my hair out at the change in attitude of another friend who went from very keen to very cold after a summer overseas.  I was studying smarter than I had in previous years too, and I found I really liked Media Law and Public Law, but couldn't get my head around Patents.  Legal Research was fun too, and fairly early in the course. 

I signed up to the Emerald Green, which was a great move, and it gave me the social opportunities I needed when just living in my small church environment. 

I was also just about to finish my PTC.

There were times in 2006 when things seemed silly and pointless.  As there have been times like that in 2007, and in 2008 (and 2005 and 2004 and all the years before them).  At times some of those events really caught me out, hurt me emotionally and made me wonder why I bothered anymore.  But God never gives us things on a platter.  He just uses our feeble efforts, in ways we could never imagine, and brings great joy to our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home